But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. ~ Acts 1:8
Ten Irrefutable Reasons to Attend the CGWM Women’s Retreat
If you answered yes to any of these questions and old arguments like I need some
girlfriend time or I need spiritually recharged aren’t tipping the scale in the retreat’s
favor, we’ve come up with ten irrefutable excuses reasons why you should join us
1. You like pie. The first day of the retreat, March 14, 2014, is also Pi Day. Though
math nerds try to keep this holiday to themselves because 3.14 is the start of a
2. You like chocolate and/or ice cream. Findlay is home to Dietsch (pronounced “deetz”) Brother’s Fine Chocolates and Ice Cream. Need we say more?
3. You wear running shoes all of the time because they are comfortable. Then, you’ll be ready to join the 5K on Saturday afternoon (to work off all of the pie, chocolate, and ice cream).
4. Winter weather causes you to climb the walls. We can teach you how to climb them better. Using the University of Findlay’s wall climbing training area in the Koehler Center, we’ll have you climbing walls like a pro during Saturday’s activity time. Spider Man will be jealous.
5. You’d like 40+ hours free of washing dishes, doing laundry, or cleaning out the
litter box. The retreat offers you 40 housekeeping-
6. You want to discover the true meaning of the acronym CGWM. Hint: The truth is not found in the letters but in the participants.
7. You’d like to learn how to duel with a piano. Our featured musicians, Michael
and Amy Pickering, will show us how this weighty and unusual sport can lead to comedic
8. You’d love to be able to fold yourself in half like a piece of bread to touch your toes or stretch your leg like Lynn Kauffman, Director of CGWM. We can’t guarantee results, but attending the retreat could be the step you need to stretch yourself in ways you previously thought impossible.
9. You’re a homebody who’d like advice on how to fly. Then you won’t want to miss our main speaker, Robyn Dykstra, who is a homebody with a pilot’s license and a motorcycle endorsement.
10. You get so spend time with _____________. As long as your favorite fill-
11. You can help bless your pastor’s wife. Encourage at least ten women to attend and send the registrations in the same envelope. Your pastor’s wife will attend free.
12. You’re looking for adventure. Unpredictable March weather. Sharing a hotel room
with one to three other women. Riding in a fifteen-
13. You can’t stay away from a bargain. We promised you ten reasons and gave you thirteen. And if you sign up no later than March 1, you’ll register at the low, low fee of $80. Register online or print out the brochure and mail it in—you’ll be glad you did.
|5K and More!|